public call for fss inclusion & fss digital plus
EFP (European Film Promotion) is issuing a public call for 2 new support measures: FSS Inclusion and FSS Digital Plus.
FSS Inclusion is a pilot for 2022/23 and will give sales agents with films that depict gender balance, equity & inclusion better opportunities to circulate these outside of Europe - see support criteria
FSS Digital Plus widens the range of the selected film festivals to additional festivals for the digital promotion of films to overseas.
Promotion at which festivals?
- FSS Inclusion: for the purely digital promotion of films at selected and additional hybrid* film festivals (inside and outside of Europe, applied for by the sales agent) which have an international industry and outward reach
- FSS Digital Plus: for the purely digital promotion of films at additional hybrid* film festivals, (inside and outside of Europe, applied for by the sales agent) which have an international industry and outward reach
When to submit?
- For FSS Inclusion the sales agents must submit an application at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the selected or additional film festival. EFP sets specific deadlines for the selected festivals.
- For FSS Digital Plus the sales agents must submit an application at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the additional film festival
Who may submit?
Please submit applications via https://application.efp-online.com/
What is covered by FSS?
- Costs/investments for purely digital promotion and marketing campaigns targeting buyers outside of Europe
- For FSS Inclusion: a proportion of documented in-house costs in relation to the development of specific activities for the digital campaign
Which films are eligible?
- Recent films which have an original copyright established in 2021/2022 and have been selected for any section of the respective film festival
- Majority-produced European films with a minimum length of 60' and an origin of country which is part of Creative Europe Media and part of the FSS Guidelines
- Fiction films, animation films and documentaries (feature length)
How much is available?
- An investment of up to 50% of the total costs up to a maximum of EUR 5,000 per campaign for an overall spend of EUR 10,000
Please read the FSS guidelines carefully for more details
*hybrid means that the festival offers an essential online part: online accreditations that allow international buyers to participate in the festival if they cannot attend in person, online market screenings and/or online panels
As EFP is still in the process of applying to Creative Europe MEDIA for FSS 2022-24, individual grant confirmations and disbursements are subject to the signing of the contract between EFP and Creative Europe MEDIA at the end of 2022. This means that all costs part of the FSS application to EFP are undertaken at the world companies own risk with no claim to EFP should funding not become available from the European Commission.