EFP (European Film Promotion) promotes European films and talent around the world. With Film Sales Support (FSS) it backs marketing campaigns of European world sales companies targeting countries outside of Europe. Public calls invite sales companies who have registered in the Participant Register of the European Commission and have been approved by the national film promotion institutes to submit applications by set deadlines (see below).
Gender balance, diversity & inclusion and sustainability are important for EFP. Therefore, we appreciate and encourage promotion campaigns that respect the environment as well as the diversity of filmmakers and films (see Memorandum of Understanding for EFP on Diversity & Inclusion).
FSS is available for:
FSS Classic for the attendance at selected physical film festivals and markets outside of Europe (campaigns for physical promotion material with a strong emphasis on additional digital strategies)
FSS Digital for online participation at the online version of selected film festivals and markets outside of Europe* (campaigns for purely digital strategies)
*FSS will also be available for the online versions of the European Film Market (EFM) and the Marché du Cannes. These two most important events are attended by buyers from countries outside of Europe.
Please get in touch with Susanne Davis (email@example.com) or Cornelia Klimkeit (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions concerning applications.
support for films from Switzerland
EFP additionally offers FSS for the promotion of films from Switzerland outside of Europe thanks to new international measures by the Federal Office of Culture, Media Desk Suisse and SWISS FILMS. This support has been confirmed and takes immediate effect.
FILM SALES SUPPORT is funded by the Creative Europe – MEDIA Programme of the European Union.
Dates and Deadlines
Festivals / Markets
• Toronto International Film Festival (09 - 18 September 2021) Canada - hybrid
Application deadline: 2 September 2021
• Asian Content & Film Market (11-14 October 2021), Busan, South Korea - online
Application deadline: 27 September 2021
• Tokyo International Film Festival (30 October – 8 November 2021) Japan - hybrid
Application deadline: 18 October 2021
• American Film Market (2- 7 November 2021) USA - online
Application deadline: 19 October 2021
• Ventana Sur (29 November – 03 December 2021) Argentina - hybrid
Application deadline: 15 November 2021
• Sundance Film Festival (20-30 January 2022) Park City, USA - hybrid
Application deadline: 6 January 2022
• European Film Market (10-17 February 2022) Berlin, Germany - online
Application deadline: 27 January 2022
• South by Southwest (11 - 19 March 2022) Austin, USA - hybrid
Application deadline: 25 February 2022
• Hong Kong International Film & TV Market (FILMART) (14 - 17 March 2022) China - online
Application deadline: 1 March 2022
• Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival (28 April - 8 May 2022) Toronto, Canada
Application deadline: 20 April 2022
• Marché du Film – Festival du Cannes (17 - 25 May 2022) France - online
Application deadline: 03 May 2022
• Tribeca Film Festival (08-19 June 2022), New York USA – hybrid
Application deadline: 25 May 2022
• Shanghai International Film Festival (10-19 June 2022), China
Application deadline: 27 May 2022
European Film Promotion e.V.
22765 Hamburg / Germany
fon +49 40- 398 403-0
fax +49 40- 390 6249
Czech Film Center
°efp Managing Director