EFP (European Film Promotion) is issuing a public call for FSS Classic for the submission of classic and digital promotion campaigns of recent European films to buyers and distributors in countries outside of Europe at Hot Docs in Toronto.
Please submit applications via https://application.efp-online.com/
by 6 April 2023
Who may submit?
What is covered by FSS?
- Costs/investments for physical and digital promotion and marketing campaigns targeting buyers outside of Europe
What is not covered by FSS?
- Travel and hotel cost for attendance on site
Which films are eligible?
- Recent finished films which have an original copyright established in 2022/2023 selected for the festival
- Majority-produced European films with a minimum length of 60' and an origin of country which is part of Creative Europe Media and part of the FSS Guidelines
- Fiction films, animation films and documentaries (feature length)
How much is available?
- An investment of up to 50% of the total costs up to a maximum of EUR 5,000 per campaign for an overall spend of EUR 10,000
Please also read the FSS guidelines carefully for more details
support for films from switzerland
EFP additionally offers FSS for the promotion of films from Switzerland outside of Europe thanks to the international measures by the Federal Office of Culture, Media Desk Suisse and SWISS FILMS. An application for films from Switzerland has to be submitted separately from an application for European films via the usual online application system.
Gender balance, diversity & inclusion and sustainability are important for EFP. Therefore, we highly welcome and encourage promotion campaigns that respect the environment as well as the diversity of filmmakers and story lines (see new call for FSS Diversity).