EFP (European Film Promotion) is issuing a public call for Film Sales Support for the submission of classic and digital promotion campaigns of recent European films to buyers and distributors in countries outside of Europe at the Sundance Film Festival (19-29 January 2023).
Please submit applications via https://application.efp-online.com/
by 4 January 20223 at the latest
Who may submit?
What is covered by FSS?
- Costs/investments for digital and physical promotion and marketing campaigns targeting buyers outside of Europe
What is not covered by FSS?
- Travel and hotel cost for attendance on site
Which films are eligible?
- Recent films which have an original copyright established in 2022/2023
- Films must be selected in the festival (in any section)
- Majority-produced European films with a minimum length of 60' and an origin of country which is part of Creative Europe Media and part of FSS Guidelines
- Fiction films, animation films and documentaries (feature length)
- Should sales companies have 2 films selected in the festival, they may include these 2 films in the application
How much is available?
- An investment of up to 50% of the total costs and up to EUR 8,000 per campaign for an overall spend of EUR 16,000
Please also read the FSS guidelines carefully for more details
support for films from switzerland
EFP additionally offers FSS for the promotion of films from Switzerland outside of Europe thanks to the international measures by the Federal Office of Culture, Media Desk Suisse and SWISS FILMS. An application for films from Switzerland has to be submitted separately from an application for European films via the usual online application system.
Gender balance, diversity & inclusion and sustainability are important for EFP. Therefore, we highly welcome and encourage promotion campaigns that respect the environment as well as the diversity of filmmakers and story lines (see upcoming new call for FSS Diversity).