EFP (European Film Promotion) is issuing a call for the submission of applications for Film Sales Support (FSS) for the upcoming American Film Market (AFM) (2-7 November 2021) and the Tokyo International Film Festival (30 October - 8 November).
Who may submit?
- European world sales companies registered in and validated by the Participant Register of the European Commission and approved by the respective European film promotion institute
What is covered by FSS?
- Costs/investments for digital and physical promotion and marketing campaigns
Which films are eligible?
- Majority-produced European films with a minimum length of 60' and an origin of country which is part of Creative Europe Media and part of FSS Guidelines
- Recent films which have an original copyright established in 2020/2021
- Fiction films, animation films and documentaries (feature length)
American Film Market : up to 5 finished or unfinished (post-production) films of the line-up with a strong potential for the North American Market
Tokyo International Film Festival : films have to be selected in any official section of the festival
How much is available?
- An investment of up to 50% of the total costs and up to EUR 5,000 per campaign
Please submit applications via https://application.efp-online.com/
- by 19 October at the latest for the AFM
- by 18 October at the latest for Tokyo
Gender balance, diversity & inclusion and sustainability are important for EFP. Therefore, we appreciate and encourage promotion campaigns that respect the environment as well as the diversity of filmmakers.
As EFP is still in the process of applying to Creative Europe MEDIA for FSS 2021/2022, individual grant confirmations and disbursements are subject to the signing of the contract between EFP and Creative Europe MEDIA at the end of 2021. This means that all costs part of the FSS application to EFP are undertaken at the world companies own risk with no claim to EFP should funding not become available from the European Commission.
support for films from switzerland
EFP additionally offers FSS for the promotion of films from Switzerland outside of Europe thanks to new international measures by the Federal Office of Culture, Media Desk Suisse and SWISS FILMS. This support has been confirmed and takes immediate effect.