EFP (European Film Promotion) is issuing a call for the submission of applications for Film Sales Support (FSS) for the second half of 2021.
FSS is available for digital promotion and sales activities of recent European films to buyers and distributors in countries outside of Europe at the Toronto International Film Festival (9-18 September 2021).
Who may submit?
- European world sales companies registered in and validated by the Participant Register of the European Commission and approved by the respective European film promotion institute
What is covered by FSS?
- Costs/investments for purely digital promotion and marketing campaigns
Which films are eligible?
- Films which participate in the Toronto International Film Festival 2021
- Majority-produced European films with an origin of country which is part of Creative Europe Media
- Recent films which have an original copyright established in 2020/2021
- Fiction films, animation films and documentaries (feature length)
How much is available?
- An investment of up to 50% of the total costs and up to EUR 8,000 per campaign
Gender balance, diversity & inclusion and sustainability are important for EFP. Therefore, we appreciate and encourage promotion campaigns that respect the environment as well as the diversity of filmmakers.
As EFP is still in the process of applying to Creative Europe MEDIA for FSS 2021/2022, individual grant confirmations and disbursements are subject to the signing of the contract between EFP and Creative Europe MEDIA at the end of 2021. This means that all costs part of the FSS application to EFP are undertaken at the world companies own risk with no claim to EFP should funding not become available from the European Commission.
support for films from switzerland
EFP additionally offers FSS for the promotion of films from Switzerland outside of Europe thanks to new international measures by the Federal Office of Culture, Media Desk Suisse and SWISS FILMS. This support has been confirmed and takes immediate effect.