Facts & Figures (2014)
Population 4 million
Number of feature films produced 13
Number of documentaries produced 8
Number of co-productions maj. 2 / min. 2
Admissions 733 544
National Market Share 34%
Screens total 15
Major national film fund Georgian National Film Center
Georgian National Film Center (GNFC) is a legal entity of public law under the Ministry of Culture and Monument Protection of Georgia. GNFC sets a film policy in the country and seeks to secure and coordinate state support for the development of Georgian cinematography.
GNFC strives to support the development of Georgian cinema at the levels of project development, production, distribution and promotion.
Since its establishmentGNFChas provided millions (GEL) of financial investment in about 80 films, represented the country at international film festivals and markets, issued numerous important publications about cinema. It has participated in the financing of projects aimed at the promoting cinema in Georgia.
The main objectives of the Georgian National Film Center are:
• Determining the strategic course for the development of the Georgian film sector
• Financial support for local film production
• Facilitating the development of film education
• Facilitating the development of film distribution
• Developing international business links
• Developing film export at the local and international level
• Facilitating the development of film infrastructure
GNFC represents Georgia in Council of Europe’s Cinema Support Fund–Eurimages and is closely cooperating with the number European film institutions.
The Georgian National Film Center has been a member of EFP since 2011.
European Film Promotion e.V.
22765 Hamburg / Germany
fon +49 40- 398 403-0
fax +49 40- 390 6249
Czech Film Center
°efp Managing Director