“Being a member of European Film Promotion gives us a wonderful opportunity to promote our cinematography abroad. All promotion events organised by EFP offer a great opportunity for providing films, actors, directors and producers with an open door for collaboration in Europe and the whole world.”
Facts & Figures (2014)
Population 2.1 million
Number of 100 % national fiction feature films 11
Number of co-productions maj. 1 / min. 5
Number of mid-length documentaries 4
Admissions 0.4 million
National market share 9.8%
Screens total 36
Budget for funding 2013 3.6 million €
Budget for funding 2014 7.6 millon €
The Macedonian Film Agency is a newly founded governing film body which started to work in 2014 as a legal successor of the Macedonian Film Fund.
With the new Film Industry Law, the Macedonian Film Agency aims to provide comprehensive funding for film industry and further development of film production, distribution, cinema network as well as promotion of the Macedonian films and Macedonia as filming destination with its Production Incentives scheme with 20% rebate of eligible expenditure for film production.
The main objectives of the Macedonian Film Agency are:
• Development and financial support for film production
• Support of art house cinemas and cinemas in a local communities
• Support for distribution and exhibition of Macedonian films
• Development of the film sector in Macedonia
• Development of film education and new film audience
• Development of film infrastructure
• Promotion of Macedonian cinematography and culture
• Promotion of Macedonia as filming destination
• Promotion of the distribution and exhibition
The Macedonian Film Fund/ Macedonian Film Agency has been an EFP member since 2009.
European Film Promotion e.V.
22765 Hamburg / Germany
fon +49 40- 390 6252
fax +49 40- 390 6249
AFC - Austrian Films
°efp Managing Director