"An organisation such as EFP is extremely important in coordinating the varied activities of the many European companies, associations, institutions, etc., which keeps European cinema at the center of the international market place."
Facts & Figures (2017)
Population 46.5 million
Number of feature films produced 241
Number of documentaries produced 120
Number of animated films produced 4
Number of co-productions maj. 22 / min. 17 / equal. 3
Admissions 99,8 million
National Market Share 17.41%
Screens total 3.618
Major national film fund ICAA
ICAA is an autonomous body within the Ministry of Culture, exclusively financed from Government funds.
• Regulates and gives financial support to cinematographic and audio-visual activities in Spain, i.e. production, distribution and exhibition of films
• Promotes Spanish cinema and audio-visual arts both nationally and internationally
• Promotes recovery, restoration and conservation of cinematographic materials and film heritage, and encourages research
• Supports film festivals and other cinema-related events or activities held in Spain
• Promotes and supports participation of Spanish productions in festivals abroad and organizes events involving Spanish cinema in other countries
• Handles relations with organisations of a similar nature in other countries
• Negotiates international co-production agreements, and represents Spanish cinema in co-production programs and regional organisations such as EFP, MEDIA, Eurimages, CACI or Ibermedia
ICAA has been an EFP member since 1997.
European Film Promotion e.V.
22765 Hamburg / Germany
fon +49 40- 398 403-0
fax +49 40- 390 6249
AFC - Austrian Films
°efp Managing Director