"With the recent increase in the Slovak film production and the growing international acclaim for numerous film titles, EFP's activities have become an even more essential and valuable tool to support the visibility of Slovak films worldwide.“
The Slovak Film Institute (Slovenský filmový ústav, SFU) is the sole national film institution operating under the Slovak Ministry of Culture. SFU consists of the National Film Archive and the National Cinematographic Centre and is the seat of MEDIA Desk Slovakia.
The Slovak Film Institute
• collects, preserves and protects Slovak audiovisual heritage and presents it to the public. SFU is a member of FIAF since 2001;
• holds producer's rights to Slovak films made from 1895–1991 by national studios;
• provides services to professional and general public, such as audiovisual information service, Cinemathéque/Art-House Cinema Lumière, Book and Video Library, specialised book and DVD store;
• promotes Slovak films in Slovak Republic and abroad;
• supports the presentation of alternative and art-house programmes in Slovak Republic;
• runs specialised web sites:
Information Centre: www.aic.sk
monthly journal: www.filmsk.sk
The National Cinematographic Centre promotes Slovak films in Slovak Republic and abroad, organises film showings, provides information services related to Slovak cinema, and runs a publishing house (journals, promotion materials, books, DVDs).
The Slovak Film Institute has been an EFP member since 2006.
European Film Promotion e.V.
22765 Hamburg / Germany
fon +49 40- 398 403-0
fax +49 40- 390 6249
Czech Film Center
°efp Managing Director